The Daily Supple-ment. Somatics for freedom of Movement (2 Audio Lessons)
Give this somatics routine 3 weeks and see how it changes your body and your life. This routine is based on Thomas Hanna's Cat Stretch routine. It helps you feel more limber and relaxed. Your brain will relearn to move your spine in all the directions it has lost due to stress, injuries, and inactivity.
This audio lesson includes:
- PDF of tips to get the most out of your Somatics practice
- One 60+ minute audio lesson of the Daily Supplement, including before and after assessment/scans, plus 8 individually recorded movement lessons that flow from lesson to lesson so you really learn the nuances of the movements
- One compact audio lesson of the Daily Supple-ment, that you can use once you have a full understanding of the 8 movements. This compact lesson runs just under 30 minutes.
This lesson is done predominately lying on the floor.
You will need:
* a quiet space with no distractions (TV, pets, music etc)
* space to lie down with legs and arms lengthened on the floor
* ability to get down and up from the floor
* optional pillow or yoga block
* optional yoga mat, blanket or rug... no padding, if you prefer
This is item contains 2 AUDIO LESSONS, approximately 95 minutes total.
Why no video?
Somatics is never about emulating your instructor. We seldom demonstrate moves in a class, rather we guide students through the movements with our voice and imagery. Typically when students do the classes with their eyes closed. By closing your eyes you turn off the occipital lobe, the part of the brain that takes in visual data, so the sensory motor cortex has more "brain power" to focus on the movement and sensations of the movement. You are welcome to contact Kristin if you need any clarification.